VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 2015 13:24:09 -0700
Smart phones, like Android and iOS, are mini computers. You do use them
for calling, but you use them for social media, music and radio, audio
books, emails, text messages, GPS, and other stuff. After a couple of
months, you start to wonder how you ever managed without them.

Android and iOS are both accessible. iOS does a little better with a
couple of things, mostly text editing, so if you plan to do a lot of
that, the iPhone may be a better option, but for most people, the choice
comes down to budget or taste. Android also has an active community and
a couple of resources though I do agree that Apple people seem more
organized, which makes sense: Apple lives in an ordered universe while
android loves the wild.

If you are thinking about making the switch from your Haven to a touch
screen device, shifting from buttons to a touch screen is an adjustment.
I remember having to get my head and hands used to not searching for
physical landmarks. And learning to touch the screen correctly also
takes some doing. Since your wife has an iDevice, you might practice
with hers. The transition, though frustrating, is a lot easier overall
if you go cold turkey. Going back and forth from the safe and known to
the new thing just causes more resistance to the new.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]