VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sherry Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sherry Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2013 14:59:37 -0600
Hello Ana,

When I've had this problem in Excel it was usually because the cells I was
attempting to sum were not defined as numeric.  To ensure all the cells in
the column you are using are numeric, including the formula cell, do the
following:
- Press shift space bar to highlight the column
- right mouse click on the column to get a menu, choose format cells
- you will come up on the general tab with the cell type highlighted.  Just
arrow until you hear number then hit enter.
There are other ways to accomplish this but this works well for me.

This usually solves my problem.  Your formula is definitely typed correctly.
Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Regards,
Sherry Wells