VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"M. J. P. Senk" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
M. J. P. Senk
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 01:22:02 -0400
A friend asked me to locate a WWW page which returned your elected
officials after you supplied your 9 digit ZIP code.  If you didn't know
the 9 digit code, you could enter your street address and get it from a
link to the Postal Service.  Unfortunately, www.votesmart.com does not
appear to offer this service any longer.

I was able to find something similar at http://www.congress.org They carry
the daily schedule for the House and Senate and the status of bills can be
found.  Their directory is only for federal representatives, but you can
look up your member by typing a few letters of his/her name or by entering
your zip code, you don't have to admit you are not up on the political
scene.

Send a e-mail message advocating your views by linking to
http://congress.org/elecmail.html or get postal addresses, committee lists
and other info at http://www.congress.org/elecmail.html

You should relate your views on a single issue per letter or e-mail and
include your name and address so the representative will know you are from
the district which will vote for or against him/her in the next election.

If anyone is interested in becoming more politically active and has
difficulty with the forms, I am willing to help.  Drop me a prive message.

- Mark

Note the use of the ACT prefix in this message - for Activism - use of
such prefixes will allow list members to filter their mail more easily.