VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ted chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ted chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2016 07:06:11 -0700
Stan and all:

While I don't know of any quick JAWS manuals for Windows 10, may I suggest that the next time you start the computer in question, after it has booted up, press the Windows+Enter keys and start Narrator. While Narrator doesn't support braille displays, it works very well with Windows 10 and will assist you in loading JAWS onto the computer being used.
--
Ted Chittenden

Every story has at least two sides if not more.
---- Stan Berman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi All:

Does anyone know a good quick start guide to Windows 10 for a JAWS user?

I was just upgraded on a client's computer over the weekend without any
notice and  I need to get some sense of how to navigate and use it.  My
first reaction to it was a definite negative as the start menu was so short
that it didn't even have more than about 3 programs on it and to get to the
"all programs"  took me about an hour because the "All Programs" menu item
would flash by too quickly to select, and I couldn't get to the shut down
selection to try to reboot.  Then I did some sort of ancient dance on the
keyboard and accidentally  got the shut down  menu item to come up and stay
long enough to shut down the computer.  Now the problem is that JAWS is not
loaded and I can't  log on.

Sorry to bore you all.

I would appreciate knowing of any quick guide to get started to learn how to
use Windows 10 and the computer.

Thanks so much!

Stan

Archived on the World Wide Web at