VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Morey Worthington <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Morey Worthington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2008 18:10:33 -0500
Hello all,
Using Windows Vista, Jaws 9 (newest version), and a version of Microsoft
Works that came with my new Acer Computer.
In the version of Works that came with this machine, I would like to make an
envelope and print it.
I can get to the "new envelope " page but no farther. There are edit fields
shown in sections on the screen (as seen by my sighted wife).
No mention of these by Jaws.
Is there a free small program available for me to make an envelope and have
my printer work with it also?
Or, does anyone know where I might get some scripts that will make Jaws work
with the built in version of Microsoft Works that comes with Vista?
I I tried installing an old version of MS Works which I had around. It
worked, meaning that I could find the edit fields and inserted what I had
to, but when it came to the print button, the machine shut down.
Thought it was at least worth the effort.
Any thoughts or directional help appreciated.
All I want to do is make an envelope.
Thanks,
Morey Worthington

Archived on the World Wide Web at