VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 30 Nov 2013 22:27:34 -0800
Hi All,

I'm new to Fine Reader. So far, what seems to work for me is to open
Fine Reader from Word so the documents are recognized and opened as a
Word document. I have some questions, however:

1. Is there any way to read a document while within the Fine Reader
interface? The menus include items for editing text, moving to other
pages, and reading, but I haven't managed to access the document with a
screen reader.

2. What do the Read options refer to? When in the Fine Reader UI, there
are two Read options. One appears to be Read Page, and the other appears
to be Read Document, but I can't swear on a stack of bibles. anyway, I
thought they refered to visualizing or maybe listening to the text, but
when I use the keystrokes, Fine Reader wants to know if I want to
rerecognize the text.

3. Is there any way to read a snippet of text with a screen reader while
recognition is in progress? I'm liking Fine Reader very much. The price
is reasonable, and the scan is amazing. But when I started to use it, I
realized that one of the things I like about Open Book is that it starts
speaking some of the text right away, so I know if I'm scanning the
right thing and if I have the document facing the scanner. Is there any
thing I can do to get similar information from Fine Reader?

Thanks.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]