VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 12 Mar 2011 20:45:36 -0800
Like others on the list, I'm a big fan of the Stream, which has a voice
recorder, allows for bookmarking, and supports many filetypes, including
brf, html, rtf, txt, audible, Bookshare, NLS, and RFB&D though I haven't
tried RFB&D books myself. If you buy the softpack for $50, you can also read
epub and doc files and record or maybe convert to mp3. I don't have the
softpack, so this information is less reliable. finally, transferring files
is really easy. You can either copy directly to the SD card or use the
Humanware Companion software, which is also free.

I used the previous version of the Book Port and liked that very much as
well, but the interface and transfer tool took alittle longer to get used
to. I'm not sure if that's changed or not.

Just to complicate your life a little more, I know people who are happy
users of the Booksense and the Book Courier. I don't have any experience
with these, so I can't comment.

I recommend the Stream to anyone in the market for such a thing.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]