VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ren Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 08:58:40 -0500
I have been asked by many people about this kind of question. All the
answers to this question sound correct because, without regarding to the
speceific needs and personal situation, we can not say this system is
beeter than the other for you. That is why I have thought for several
years about producing a comsummers guide on most popular adaptive
equiptments. Unlike a scientific research topic, this research may not be
done by one professor; plus the money is the first thing to be concerned.
It involves survey of numerous people both with  and without academic
computer training, some of them even overseas. So one agency can not do
that without support from the government. Those of you who have more
political knowledge and know how to appeal to the government, should
better let the government know our needs in this aspect. I lack of this
kind of knowledge and do not know to whom or how I should tell my thought
about this. Just like a joke says, "Cooking food in a teapot, it is hard
to pull out." Perhaps I have spent too much time on programming and never
got enough time to read some internet pages, even some the good articles
from this list.

To those who contact me personally, my E-mail address will be changed
since this weekend. The new address is: [log in to unmask]

Thank you.

Ren Wang