VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Dec 2008 14:09:47 -0600
Bill:

I know no more about audio description and pending legislation then
you.  Of the things I track, it is pretty low on my list!

I regularly use a HD Radio.  It isn't accessible in terms of having
access to the information on its LCD, but I am able to tune in
stations, and supplementary channels etc., in the same way you would
use any other modern radio.  Not great, and this access  could be
broken by a slightly different design.

What do you mean when you say Sun Sounds is broadcasting in HD.  Did
your main carrier give you access to one of its supplementary
channels?  If so, how much bandwidth?  Are they using standard mode,
or extended hybrid mode?

Dave