VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:21:25 -0500
From: "Bruce Toews" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 10:30 PM
Subject: Admin: Seeking New List Owner

Hi all,

Since I took over the JFW list at the end of last year, the list has grown
by around 20%. While this is wonderful, I am discovering that I just do
not have time to give the list the attention it deserves, what with a
full-time job, and several other projects in which I am involved.

So I find myself left with two options: either close down the list, or
find someone to take it off my hands. Closing the list is definitely a
last resort, but I will resort to it if I must. I would rather, though,
find someone who would like to take it over from me. If you are
interested, PLEASE E-MAIL ME PRIVATELY at [log in to unmask] If you
respond to the list telling me of your interest, you are automatically
disqualified. Anyone wanting to take over the list will have to meet the
following requirements:

1. You have to have a fair bit of experience with lists, and know how to
administer them.

2. You have to understand why the JFW list is here and what its philosophy
is.

3. Knowledge of the Freelists.org system would be helpful.

4. VERY IMPORTANT: You have to be a people person.

If no solution can be found by Sunday, 8:00 PM Central Time, I will pull
the plug on the list. This is not a threat. I just had no idea the list
would grow as it has, due to one reason or another, and I have to give
priority to the other things in my life. Thank you for your time.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
E-Mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: [log in to unmask]