VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Marvin Hunkin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marvin Hunkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Sep 2008 14:08:53 +1000
HI.
a beginner programming student finishing off a programming subject, from my
previous campus in Adelaide, Australia, and now moved to Devonport,
Tasmania.
now, doing a book called Beginning Visual Basic By Julia Milspaw, Magraw
Hill Press, and got an electronic copy.
now, Rick Farmington, has been helping me out, helping me with the project
documentation, and how to set out controls, and writing the code examples,
from the chapter 3 book, and helping me out with some of the project, which
i am having problems, and got part way through chapter 3, about 7 or 8
exercises, and only four left to go, then 4 case studies, and in chapter 4,
about 5 or 6 exercises, and 4 case studies, which i am getting errors, and
did do the examples, but the exercises, and case study for chapter 3 and 4,
not working.
so he, is busy now, with family life, and other projects, so he is not able
to help me any more.
so what i am looking for is for one on one help, some one that has
programming experience, using visual basic dot net 2008 or 2005 with jaws.
so if any one is able to spend the time helping me out so, how to show me
how to fix the problems i am having, only 2 chapters, and from what i can
see, the other chapters are straight forward, like doing menus, menu strips,
and calling functions, doing multiple forms, loops, and databases with ms
access, and sql, and doing animation and sound.
if any one is able to assist me, please e-mail me privately off list, then
we can start talking one on one, got only about 2% light perception, did
have eyesight when i was younger, but an eye disease, which is incurable and
have to manage as best as possible, have trouble trying to visualize where
things are positioned on a screen.
so if you can help write me off list privately.
i hope i am making sense, as a beginning programmer, and not able to get
support from my other campus, because, i am living in a different area, and
the lecturers, are busy, and in Adelaide, and no support to other students,
as i do not attend that campus, cannot gain access to their servers, and
computer networks, remotely, so on my own, and before i can enroll in the
college system here in tasmania, have to complete my subject from adelaide.
cheers Marvin.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]