VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Mikochik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Mikochik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Dec 2013 20:40:01 -0500
my old music studio computer main board died.

i took the hard drive out of the dead machine and made another computer
out of some old junk parts.
i wanted to keep the dead machine  hard drive because the software on it
was all set up for some old music hardware that i did not want to part
with.

i transplanted the dead machine hard drive in the new junk computer and
did all the off-line re-registration to make  xp run with the new
hardware.

it works fine but a few of the drivers for the new junk computer are on
the old junk hard drive and i would like to copy them onto the
transplanted hard drive.

i have the junk hard drive in an enclosure so i can access stuff from it
before i throw it away.

the video driver is not correct but the default resolution is ok for now.
no other major drivers missing, but i would like to clean it up.

so my question is where in windows can i find the set of drivers so i can
copy them over?

thanks in advance
pete

Archived on the World Wide Web at