VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Doreen Yale <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doreen Yale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 11:14:49 -0400
Good morning list members:

I have a friend who has a computer, an old one running either Windows 95 or
even 3.1.

Recently, he had a virus on the computer and some other problems but since
he has gotten it back he has no sound.

I did check the speakers which didn't seem to be working, they are the kind
of speakers whose volume is controlled from the computer - they don't have
manual up and down sliders.

is there a way that i can determine whether the problem he is experiencing
is a speakers problem or a sound card problem?

Any help with layman type language would be much appreciated, and as soon as
possible, please as my friend is anxious to get his computer working again.

Bestest:

DOREEN YALE.