VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bill Pasco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Pasco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2019 02:57:54 -0400
Harry,

I was interested to see all the free word processors out there. But, I
am honestly puzzled by your problem. Wordpad, which comes with all
windows machines, is a perfectly good word processor, and it does read
DOCX files with no problem. I just tried it to be sure. Jart is a
perfectly good word processor, but you should have been able to read
your DOCX word files in Wordpad with no trouble. Notepad is only for
basic text, but Wordpad is a fully functional windows word processor.
It saves files in RTF which is a universal format that any other word
processor can read.

HTH

Bill

Archived on the World Wide Web at