VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Martin Tibor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Martin Tibor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 06:57:08 -0700
We supplied far more technology than the few workstations you are mentioning.
We spent considerable time assisting PIAT in locating and integrating many
difficult to find technologies and software applications. We also sent our
staff at our expense to train PIAT staff in three cities. In any event I am not
trying to own whatever work has been done by other vendors or PIAT staff. I
certainly didn't mean to take more credit than we deserve. I apologize if my
communication was inaccurate or overstated as it was not my intent.

At 09:15 AM 5/11/99 -0400, Leonard R. Kasday wrote:
>At 04:38 AM 5/11/99 -0700, Martin Tibor wrote:
>
>> By the way, we developed much of technology for
>> the Pennsylvania's Initiative on Assistive Technology that is
>> affiliated with Temple University. They have a lending library of
>> adaptive technology.
>
>Martin,
>
>You need to restate that a bit.  Although we did purchase three of your
>Synapse workstations, these workstations constitute just one of the nearly
>1000 products, from hundreds of vendors, that we have in our lending
>library (http://www.temple.edu/inst_disabilities/atlend).
>
>Len
>
>-------
>Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
>Universal Design Engineer, Institute on Disabilities/UAP, and
>Adjunct Professor, Electrical Engineering
>Temple University
>
>Ritter Hall Annex, Room 423, Philadelphia, PA 19122
>(215} 204-2247 (voice)
>(800) 750-7428 (TTY)

Marty Tibor
1 Stop Speech Recognition and Adaptive Technology Synapse
3095 Kerner Blvd., Suite S, San Rafael, CA  94901
toll-free 888-285-9988
http://www.synapseadaptive.com
Providers of adaptive and assistive technology solutions.
http://www.unixspeech.com
UNIX, mainframe and Mac speech recognition
http://www.synapseadaptive.com/joel/default.htm
Synapse hosts the Dragon NaturallySpeaking Unofficial Information Pages