VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Scott B. Lyon" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 1996 00:05:15 -0500
Does anyone connected with VICUG-L know hwere I can purchase a traactor
feed plasitc for Brailling int he Romeo Brailler?  I have the
opportunityto make a museum accessible for the blind this summer,
givinig my 14 year old blind daughter her first work exposure doing this
under a grant.  H owever, we cannot find the plastic and they do not
want it in paper as it will be too fragile for public use. We have
already tired:
    Lighthouse for the Blind
    Prinitng House for the Blind
    An Ontario organization for the blind who has this product for thier
own use but will not sell it
    A Canadian vendor who serves the Ontario org. but will only sell in
6000 pound lots!
    Localk plastic comanies (in CT) who can supply us with a roll of
.005 or .997 grade plastic without the tractor feed cuts, so it is of no
use to us.

We also need it perforrated so it can be made into sheets.  We need to
end up with approximately 600 sheets, ii X 11 1/2 inches for Brailling
on the continuous feed Romeo so she can type it into her computer or Bra
lle Note for direct print output.  We've been working on this since last
summer for a summer 2001 start up as soon as school stops.  Ontario
promised us to order with them in the spring, then changed their mind in
January for admnistrative reasons.  Now we're getting desperate.  Any
help out there?  Has anyone ever done menus?  It basically the same
grade of plastic restaurants require to wipe clean.  Thank you  for any
leads you can give me.   Jan in CT