VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 06:18:09 -0500
Below is the response from IBM about what it is prepared to do or
specifically not do in making its survey on accessibility accessible to
people with disabilities.  It is followed by the original message to IBM.
Tom Dekker is the founder and past-president of the New York City VICUG.

kelly

Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 02:44:23 -0500
From: Tom Dekker <[log in to unmask]>

    As mentioned before, the url for the survey doesn't seem to work any more.  But I think you'll agree that letters need to be written to this person regarding his apparent uncertainty as to whether or not IBM and its contractors can muster the resources necessary to put a speech-friendly form on the web!  Personally, I think the situation is disgusting, especially when they proport to wanting input from our community.  And no, there's no excuse why they can't provide such a form.  And no, providing a form over the phone is a cop-out as far as I'm concerned.  Who invented the saying "second-class solutions make for second-class citizens".\?

Anyway, write to this guy and ask why the link to the form quit working.  i did and haven't got an answer to *that one* yet.

T.D.