VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
harry brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
harry brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 May 2014 02:29:28 -0400
Hi all,
Well folks, I'm using a Gateway windows 7 laptop, running windows 7, and
jaws 12.
Well, here's the latest.
I have read all the comments, and I was going to stay with windows.
I did, get a new hard drive installed on the laptop, and that helps, not
nearly as many lockups and freeze ups.
However, about 20 minutes ago, I was on the internet, and looking up ham
radios of different kinds, and reading reviews on eham.net.
I clicked on a review for a radio, and, you guessed it, a lockup and
freeze up and no speech.
So, I had to do what many windows users have to do, and that was? You
guessed it, a hard shut down, which is not healthy for computers, but as
you all know, we have to do this once in a while.
Anyway, I did the hard shut down, and then turned the laptop back on,
and it took minutes to start up, and I'm finally back on.
My question is for you Mac users. Do you have this kind of problem, with
lockups and freeze ups with no speech?
This is just wasting my time, fighting with this computer.
If Macs don't have these problems, I'm switching over.
One Mac user here in town told me, "Harry, I don't have that many
lockups and freeze ups, and if it does lock up, at least I still have my
speech.
So, Mac users, let me hear from you, ok?
All I know is, after using windows for all these years, 15 years, since
1998), the lockup freeze up, lose speech stuff is getting old.
take care,
Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]