VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Dec 2013 11:26:57 +1300
Contrary to other responses you have received, I have switched to Mac computers. I did so because I fully support the company that places accessibility as high priority. Apple is still the only large consumer electronics company which has fully embraced access for the blind across its entire product line.

That said, the Mac is a very different system. How it works is very different. Just as learning the Windows system took a significant amount of time and frustration, the same will happen if one switches to the Mac. Expect to require several weeks of frustrating work and learning before the Mac control and screen reader concepts start making sense.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: [log in to unmask]
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288
Sent from my iPhone