VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2017 10:56:23 -0400
Hi all,

Alexa has just added a skill called anypod.

To add a new skill to Alexa for you, just enable the skill, once, and
the skill is added.

After you enable it, you just say, for example, "alexa, ask anypod to
play FS cast.

That's just 1 podcast that she has. I have no idea how many podcasts she
has access to, but I wish she had a list.

you can also have her subscribe to different podcasts!!!!

have fun.

The FS cast is there, and, coast to coast is there, as well.

If any of you try this skill, can you tell us what podcasts Alexa plays?

For doctor laura fans, she will play that podcast, as well. I didn't ask
for it, but that is the example she uses.

Also, there is a Bible skill. Just tell Alexa to enable Bible.

Then, anytime, You can use any of 4 versions, the King James, the NIV,
the new living translation, and 1 more which I cannot remember.

All you have to do after you enable it is, say, Alexa, ask Bible to play
john 3:16, or, Alexa, ask Bible to play Genesis 1, and it will read the
whole chapter. It might even read multiple chapters!

Also, there is cell phone finder, and you enable it, and just say,
Alexa, start cell phone finder, and she starts it, and she can help you
find your phone by calling it.

there is another skill called master mind, it's not the game, but it
makes phone calls, and does text messages.

Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]