VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2018 18:02:15 -0400
Hi all,

Well folks, making progress, here's what I did. I read the article that
I sent to the list a bit ago, and followed it, step by step.

I did the write up and here it is, and at the end of the write up, is my
question.

how to make Microsoft Edge save your favorites in the favorites folder
for Microsoft Edge and not put them into a ESE database file
step 1. If Microsoft Edge is running, close it using alt f4.
step 2. press the windows key and the windows search box appears
step 3. Now, type, or, just paste in the line of text below
regedit
and press enter.
step 4. Now, the registry opens, and it says computer opened, 5 items.
step 5. Now, down arrow to HKEY_CURRENT_USER, and it is closed, so open
it with right arrow.
step 6. Now, down arrow to or press the letter s till it says software,
and then, right arrow to open it.
step 7. Now, down arrow to, or press the letter c till it says classes,
and if it is closed, press right arrow to open it.
step 8. Now, down arrow to, or press the letter l till it says local
settings, and if it is closed, press right arrow to open it.
step 9. Now, down arrow to, or press the letter s till it says software,
and it is closed, so press right arrow to open it.
step 10. Now, down arrow to, or press the letter m till it says
Microsoft, and if it is closed, press right arrow to open it.
step 11. now, down arrow to windows, and if it is closed, press right
arrow to open it.
step 12. Now, down arrow to, or press the letter c till it says current
version, and if it is closed, press right arrow to open it.
step 13. Now, down arrow to, or press the letter a till it says app
container, and if it is closed, press right arrow to open it.
step 14. Now, down arrow to, or, press the letter s till it says
storage, and if it is closed press right arrow to open it.
step 15. Now, down arrow to microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe, and
if it is closed, press right arrow to open it.
step 16. Now, down arrow to, or press the letter m until it says
microsoft edge, and if it is closed, press right arrow to open it.
step 17. Now,down arrow to, orĀ  press the letter m till it says Main.
step 18. Now, Locate the following DWORD registry value in the right pane:
FavoritesESEEnabled
step 19. The possible values for FavoritesESEEnabled is as follows:
0 = Favorites folder
1 = ESE database file (default)
You can change the value data for FavoritesESEEnabled to either 0 or 1
according to your preference.

My question is, I cannot find, in main, when I press tab 1 time to go
into the registry entry, anything with ESE database.

I also looked in the registry entry for favorites as well.

Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]