VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 4 May 2005 01:12:52 +0100
Greetings,

I received these two replies on the PC-Audio list, one seems very pro, the
other very anti.  I received a reply also from Graham Page via the DAB
Radio list, in which he says load it and try, it can always be uninstalled.
Well, Graham, my old mate, bearing in mind what the messages below say, I
am glad I did not simply download and try the software - read on.

From: "Kelly Pierce" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 07:20:56 -0500

yes, read my earlier post on this topic vis-a-vis sound forge.  Replay
Radio
hijacks your sound card and changes the recording settings without your
knowledge or permission.  it is very accessible and if one uses Replay
radio
with another audio recording program, they should be prepared to get their
hands dirty in fiddling with audio device properties on a regular basis as
they switch between the two programs.

Kelly
From: "Ron or Susan Denis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 09:31:44 -0400

I use replay-radio regularly and am quite satisfied.  Have none of the
extra
add-on programs so can't comment on them.  With replay-radio and the
additional enhanced driver, I can record streams and have them divided into
chunks of my choosing.  One can record either setting programming as with a
VCR scheduling the recordings in advanced, or one can find something and
record at the spur of the moment.  Shows can be selected and set to record
automatically on specific days, to record only once, or can be unscheduled
and only recorded when you choose to do so.  This is most helpful when you
        have a station and occasionally they have something you just
discovered and
want to get.
RD

It occurs to me, wonder whether having a second sound card dedicated to
using the player would work?

All the best

from:

Colin R. Howard.