VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2013 11:08:36 -0800
Hi all,

I'm submitting grades today at one of the campuses where I teach. I need
to submit an excel spreadsheet with the breakdown, so I'm using Jaws 13,
Excel 2010, and Windows 7 to do it. The issue I'm having is with the
formula. Something's odd and I'm not sure whether the problem is Jaws or me.

The formula I'm entering is =sum(C2:V2) because I want to add up all the
numbers from column C to Column V. In the past, Jaws would say, "Zero,
has formula," and if I checked the braille display, I would read
something like: 0 =sum(C2:V2).

Now instead of "zero" Jaws says and shows me "1/0/1900," and when I
enter numbers into the columns, the total appears in the middle slot,
1/165/1900.

What's going on? Am I entering the formula incorrectly? Is Jaws reading
things it didn't read before? Will the sighted person who reads my grade
break down see the 1/x/1900; if so, how do I make it go away? If it
makes a difference, I'm putting my formula in Cell W2, and when I enter
the V2, Jaws to display it before the C2.

I don't use Excel very often, so I don't know how new this is.

Thanks for any help.

ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]