VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 18 Oct 2015 08:27:02 -0700
Dorene,

I agree with others here. With Jaws 16 or the current NVDA, Windows 10
is nice.

You do have to put things on the desktop, like This PC and your folder.
the steps are the same as for Windows 8, not at all as intuitive as for
Windows 7 and earlier.

The search feature doesn't seem as helpful as for earlier versions of
Windows. I think you need to specify what you're searching for--app,
web, or setting--and this may be something I'm still learning. With
Windows 8, you'd get results for all three. With 10, you mostly seem to
get web results, which is annoying, because I would have gone to my
browser if I'd wanted a web search.

All apps are organized by letter. I like it, but I think I'm still
figuring out how it works. sometimes pressing enter once on an item
works; other times, I have to press enter twice. Sometimes I'm in a
grid; other times I'm in a list.

The Edge browser doesn't work very well, so you need to use IE, Firefox,
Chrome, or whatever else.

Those are the only significant differences I've noticed.

Ciao

On 10/17/2015 4:33 PM, Dan Rossi wrote:
> Dorene,
>
> Using JAWS 16, win10 is quite nice once you tweek it a bit.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]