VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2012 14:49:25 -0700
This is an interesting thread. I've been using IE 9 for a little over a
year, but I didn't start having problems with it until a few months ago,
around the time I updated to Jaws 13. Because the problems aren't
consistent, I'm not sure whether they're caused by Jaws, IE, or
something else, like Flash or Java. The point is that it's not unusual
for me to find that I can't open a combo box, fill out an edit field, or
activate an on-screen button. I now mostly use Firefox, but I notice the
same types of problems, only much less often.

Sometimes I need to use both browsers for the same website, one for some
tasks and the other for others. for example, when I visit the Audible
website with IE9, I can't search My Library, click Next in the library
page, or click Add to Cart on the home page. In Firefox, all of these
things work perfectly. The problem with Firefox is that I often get
Flash crashes when I load the home page, not when I click on an Audible
link from, say, an email message.

A similar situation happens with Blackboard. If I want to upload a file
for my students, I need to use IE9 because, if I use Firefox, nothing
happens when I click some of the links. but for most other things, I use
Firefox because I tend to lose focus when I use IE9.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]