VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Steve Hoad <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Hoad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2017 13:53:45 -0500
Hoping for a range of good ideas:
I am a totally blind person with a long(ish) history in retail sales
and I'm wanting to get back into the business.  I believe I would need
the following to be a successful merchant in today's world:
a food grade scale
a cash register
a credit/debit card machine
and a device that can scan smartphones

All of these devices must be able to be managed successfully by a
blind person as well as a person with any level of vision.
 I'm wondering if list participants have any suggestions and/or
experiences with such devices. You could reply to me directly or on
the list with any information and experiences you may have.
I currently use a Windows 10 computer and, of course, am open to any
operating system that will fulfill my need for accessible equipment.
Thanks in advance:

--
 Steve Hoad

Archived on the World Wide Web at