VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2018 14:56:45 -0400
Hi all,

Using windows 10, 1803, and Jaws 2018, latest build.

Making progress so here's where I'm at. You can get to the favorites
folder in Microsoft Edge, using all 3 screen readers, Jaws, NVDA, and
Narrator, and here's how I did it:

1. launch Microsoft Edge, and it will say Microsoft edge, search or
enter web address edit.
2. Now, press shift tab until you hear it say hub button, and you press
space bar or enter, and it says favorites bar folder closed.
3. Now, press shift tab 1 time and it will say favorites, 1 of 5. The
reason it says 1 of 5 is, 1 is the favorites folder, 2 is the reading
list folder, 3 is the books folder, 4 is history, and 5 is the downloads
folder, and Microsoft Edge uses the same downloads folder as internet
explorer uses.

4. Now, we'll go back to the top of the list which is the favorites folder.

5. Now, press enter, and you are in the favorites folder but I don't
know if it is the favorites folder for Microsoft Edge, or not, does
anyone know?

If it is the favorites folder for Microsoft Edge, I would think I would
find favorites in that folder, but when I go to the Microsoft Edge
favorites folder, there's no favorites in the Microsoft Edge favorites
folder.

So, getting back to this favorites folder, which is 1 of 5, you can down
arrow through it, with all 3 screen readers, but you cannot use 2 letter
navigation, and you cannot use 1st letter navigation either.

Now this next thing is really interesting, if you down arrow to
downloads, 5 of 5, then, press tab 1 time, it will say open folder link,
and you press enter, and you're in your downloads folder. Now, go ahead
and use 1st letter navigation, or 2 letter navigation in that folder,
and you'll see, it works in the downloads folder, but it doesn't work in
the favorites folder, isn't that something. The downloads folder is in a
list view, but who knows what view the favorites folder is in.
Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]