VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Cohn, Jonathan C. (SRA)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cohn, Jonathan C. (SRA)
Date:
Sat, 3 Oct 2015 12:03:37 -0400
There are two easy possibilities.

1. In JAWS 16 there is an option off by default that will allow a web page to ask JAWS to pass specific keys through to it. So if you turn on this option there is a good chance that these keystrokes will get passed through to the web page and work as documented.

2. the command insert-Z will toggle virtual mode or quick navigation mode in Word. So by default in browsers hitting insert-Z once will turn off all the commands JAWS uses to navigate the web page and thereby pass them to the web page.

This command in Word turns on quickNav mode and allows you to use keys to jump to spelling error or read by paragraph or find the next heading.

Take care,

Jonathan Cohn