VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Doug Geoffray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 07:40:32 -0500
As many of you know, the main feature (but not he only feature) of the next
release of Window-Eyes is unsurpassed support in Microsoft Word.  We have
looked at what is out there and we have raised the bar high.  I am very
pleased with how much we have been able to do in Word and keep it stable,
reliable and responsive.  We are getting close to releasing a public beta
but before doing so we would like to have access to as many complicated or
difficult Word documents as possible.  Meaning if you have Word documents
that just do not work well or do not indicate certain aspects of the
document like it should please send those documents to me privately
explaining what issues you are having.  If you know of others that deal a
lot with Word, please feel free to express this invitation to them as
well.  If there are other lists that would benefit, please pass this along
to those lists.  Bottom line, we want to see as many documents as possible
in the next week or two to guarantee our public beta will be as close to
the release product as possible.  If you are using another screen reader
and still have problems with a Word document, send it our way.  The more
variety the better.  This is your chance to get your concerns regarding
Word documents heard and addressed.

Please send any word documents directly to me at [log in to unmask] with a
description of where the problems are or potentially are.

I can not get more detailed about our existing Word support other than to
say it is much better than what is currently being offered in the
accessible arena.  We will be announcing more specifics, as we get closer
to the public beta release.

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards,
Doug

Doug Geoffray
GW Micro, Inc.
Voice 260-489-3671
Fax 260-489-2608
http://www.gwmicro.com

gw-news list which is an announce only list used for news,
product information and the Voice of Vision newsletter
distribution.