VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Blaine Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Blaine Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jun 2015 12:02:21 -0400
Windows 10 won't be released until July at the earliest, most comments
put the official release in September. The latest Technical Review of
Win-10 was just released for testers. If you're getting upgrade alerts
they're probably from malware you've picked up. I'd run checks with
MalwareBytes and your anti-virus in safe mode to look for it and remove it.
As for a learning curve between Win-7 and Win-10, I can say that
graphically there is little difference, but I haven't run any
accessibility checks on Win-10 nor have I heard many detailed reports
from those who have. The few brief reports I have heard say that
accessibility is OK. There are of course many minor differences but
Microsoft backed away from the infamous original Win-8 interface. MS has
also released a new browser for Win-10 to replace IE. So far I haven't
heard a single report as to how accessible it is. Just a few weeks ago
the official name of the new browser was Spartan but it's been changed
to Edge.

--
This email has been sent by a Linux-Mint user and has not been checked
for viruses.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]