VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 May 1999 16:41:08 -0500
Many here ask which is the best windows screen reader.  Many factors come
into play when reaching such a judgment.  I pass on the dialogue below to
demonstrate how even highly skilled and experienced blind computer users
struggle to balance the pluses and the minuses.  Here, Jaws for Windows is
considered the best overall Windows screen reader in a technical sense, but
customer service and support is lousy.

BTW:  the list to which this was originally posted is not sponsored by the
Henter Joyce Corporation.

kelly