VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ricky Lomey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ricky Lomey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jun 2019 20:06:32 +0200
Hi

How does one explain when some sighted folks keep on telling me about voice
activation, talking to your phone, talking to your PC etc or get confused
between synthesized and voice activated, not sure if any of you have used
Alexa or Siri but I'm not comfortable at the thought a sit might firstly
make me lazy, smile, no, really, how does one explain the advantages of us
of using buttons or touchscreens or keyboards and there is the Felix phone
from Italy which does not seem to have a touchscreen and is suited for the
blind but they seem to emphasise the voice also but surely buttons can do
the same, I think the advantage could be with navigation, predictive text
etc so we can check whatever we do as I'm not sure how Siri and Alexa
navigate websites etc and sometimes text can be horribly incorrect from what
I've heard whereas with keyboard one can correct it.

Thanks.

Ricky Lomey

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]