VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 2015 19:48:37 -0800
I haven't noticed any real issues with Jaws 17. I can't say I've noticed
any improvements either, but then again, I haven't checked the what's
new list to play with things.

The only new bug I notice is that Jaws is now inconsistent about
correctly telling you how many items are in a file folder. When I'm in
my Ana folder, Jaws gives me correct information, but when I'm in word,
the information is incorrect. for example, I have a folder called
English 10. In that folder is a subfolder called Essay 3. when I go into
ana > Documents > English 10 > Essay 3, I correctly hear I have 39
items. When I am in Word, press ctrl+o, press enter on English 10, then
on Essay 3, I incorrectly hear I have 18 items. I use this feature a lot
to keep track of how much work I have yet to do. when I put student
homework in a folder, I used to press the say-line command on one of the
items in the folder to hear that it was number 1 of X, and as I graded
assignments, I would periodically use the say-line command to hear how
many more I had to do.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]