VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Camper Mick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Camper Mick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 19:32:59 -0400
I'm sorry but I don't know of any keystrokes. What you could do if this
works with JAWS is find the program in the programs menu. Click once to
highlight it. Then right click on the highlighted program and a menu
will open. One item in the menu is "send to". Select "send to" and
another menu will pop up. In this menu select "desktop". and it will put
an icon on the desktop for that program. To drag without vision could be
tricky but not impossible. Find the program that you want to make a
desktop icon for. Highlight it. Right click on it and then select
"create shortcut" from the menu. When you create a short cut - the short
cut goes at the very bottom of you program menu. Find the program and
once you know that the pointer is on that program name in the program
menu push the left mouse button down but hold it it, do not let it go.
Now while holding the mouse button down move the mouse to your right
until you feel the mouse is located on the desktop and not in the
programs menu. Just release the mouse button and an icon will appear on
the desktop for that program. Now if you can place the mouse on an empty
spot of the desktop and just right click. A menu will come up. Select
"arrange icons" and choose "alphabetical order". Now the icon will be in
alphabetical order with your other icons.

I did see a reply to your message from someone that used keystrokes but
unfortunately I don't have that email any longer. I am sorry if I caused
you more problems.

Mick

[log in to unmask] wrote:

Hi, thank you for taking the time to write to me.  I do not know how to
drag
things from place to place.  Are there not keystroke commands that I can
perform to accomplish this?  Thanks for your help.
Doris Fisher

--
http://www.campermick.com