VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sun Sounds of Arizona <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sun Sounds of Arizona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 2011 14:18:41 -0700
Sure Gmail is accessible, but it is clunky as hell and its edit buttons and
spell checker are not accessible.

Google calendar is also accessible if you don't mind finding lots of work
arounds, and you don't mind not being  able to use all of its features.

And, as far as Google Docs, bad, very bad. I use it, but it is far from
friendly.

The complaint did say that Google was not entirely inaccessible, but that
many of the aps are far to difficult to use for the average person and some
elements are totally unusable. I fully agree with this assessment. Google
has had plenty of time to get it right, and has not done so. So, though I am
not a member of NFB, I applaud their action in this case. When they win,
which they will, then maybe Open Office, and Office on-line, along with
other cloud based services will get the message.
Bill