VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 23:51:54 -0600
Peter,

Here in Chicago, there is no surcharge at the grocery store.  One can
buy groceries using his atm card and get $50 and sometimes more back.
One can also do this at the drugstorre.  As you suggest Peter, this can
be an easy, convenient, and accessible way to get cash without going to
your bank in person to get it, if you are not near a talking atm.  In
fact, these point of sale transactions are one of the biggest growth
areas of the atm industry and may outpace transaction volume in a few
years from atm machines themselves.

kelly