VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ray Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ray Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 13:23:48 -0500
Hello All:

A client asked me how to hide updates in Windows Update.  Specifically,
he doesn't want to install Service Pack 3, so he would like it hidden so
that it doesn't show as being available when he goes to do a Windows
Update.  I can see at windowsupdate.microsoft.com that you can restore
hidden updates, but I don't know where to go to hide them.  I looked
under System Properties in Control Panel and didn't find anything there
either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Again, my client does NOT want
to install Service Pack 3, he wants to hide it so please do not suggest
that he go ahead and installed it anyway.

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Adaptive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312-997-3651 (Voice/Relay) or
888-825-0080 (voice/Relay)