VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jamal Mazrui <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 1997 11:08:19 -0800
This is to let folks know of Windows tutorials currently
available on my home page.  I've just added win95jfw.zip, which
was recently released by Project ASSIST with Windows and provides
good guidance on using JAWS for Windows 2.x with Windows 95.  The
descriptions of the screen and tips for speech access are helpful
for users of other screen readers as well.  Since the command
structure of JFW is relatively straightforward, one can generally
translate instructions to use its reading commands into other
screen reader equivalents if appropriate.  I combined the
exercise files with the ASCII text version of the tutorial in
a single archive.

One can go directly to this section of my home page with the address
http://www.empowermentzone.com/index.shtml#windows

To retrieve a specific file directly, simply follow the basic
site address with a forward slash and the name of the file, e.g.,
http://www.empowermentzone.com/win95jfw.zip

Here are names and descriptions of other Windows tutorials available:

win95kit.zip = Windows 95 Resource Kit -- technical guide to
configuring and administering Windows 95

win95key.txt = Guide to the keyboard commands of Windows 95 and Windows NT

win95dun.txt = Configuring DUN (Dial-Up Networking) for Windows 95

win95hlp.zip = ASCII text versions of the Windows 95 .HLP files

word6tip.txt = Microsoft Word for Windows:  Tips and Techniques

wordbook.txt = Quick Start for Use with Word for Windows

word_min.txt = 10 Minute Guide to Word for Windows

notesmin.zip = 10 Minute Guide to Lotus Notes 4

notesuse.zip = Using Lotus Notes and Domino 4.5

vb_use.zip = Using Visual Basic 4

access97.zip = Access 97 Expert Solutions

I hope these tutorials are helpful and welcome suggestions for
other, shareable ones to add.

Jamal