THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 15 May 2008 13:00:13 EDT
Hi Cindy
I was treated with RAI for Graves in 2004.   When my Graves started, in
addition to all the physical symptoms, I experienced EXTREME anxiety, panic attacks
and depression.   I thought I was losing my mind.   It never occurred to me
that it could be thyroid related.

Ativan helped tremendously until my thyroid finally started to slow down.

Similarly, when my thyroid started going hypo last year (I was euthyroid for
a couple of years after RAI), I started to experience psychological symptoms
again...not as severe.   It took me a few weeks of panic attacks before I
thought of checking my thyroid levels again.   Sure enough....

I'm now on levoxyl, and symptom free. (no more ativan either!)

Is your daughter taking any anti-anxiety meds?   If not, I would speak to her
doctor.   I KNOW that for me, fluctuations in my thyroid function can really
throw me.   A short term medication until her counts level out could make a
big difference for her.

Good luck.   Hoping your daughter finds relief soon!
Cheryl

Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family
favorites at AOL Food.

 Thyroid messages contain only the opinions of their authors.
 Opinions expressed on Thyroid do not necessarily reflect the
 opinions of the management, publisher, or our advertisers.

 Change your own account here
   http://www.Emissary.Net/Thyroid/index.html

If a question isn't answered on Thyroid, check the Thyroid Archives:
<http://LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG/archives/thyroid.html> and ask again!