THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2007 19:00:33 -0400
 Hello to all!

 I have been on the Wilson's protocol (sustained-release T3) for almost 6 years now. Overall, it has been very helpful to me. My average has been (for the most part) 90 mcg., twice a day.

 Often I will "cycle down" on dosage to see how low I can go before symptoms appear. Usually, anything below 60 and I will feel pain in the costochondrial region, plus I will start feeling (for lack of a better work) "weepy" all the time.

 This month I started lowering the dosage again, and I got down as far as 22.5 mcg. (x 2/day); there was no pain at all in the costochondrial region, but my state of mind was . . . not good. So I raised the dose gradually. A funny thing happened at 52.5 mcg. I was still weepy, but my temperature in the AM (10:00 pdt) was 98.6 F.

 Not to oversimplify things, but is the fact of getting to 98.6 F the signal to stop, even if I don't feel so good?

 Best to all,

 Edward Reisman

 Thyroid messages contain only the opinions of their authors.
 Opinions expressed on Thyroid do not necessarily reflect the
 opinions of the management, publisher, or our advertisers.

 Change your own account here
   http://www.Emissary.Net/Thyroid/index.html

If a question isn't answered on Thyroid, check the Thyroid Archives:
<http://LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG/archives/thyroid.html> and ask again!