THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2007 17:07:33 -0400
 Hello, everybody!

 Yesterday I went to see a "complementary" medical practitioner in the city where I live (Santa Monica, CA, just outside of L.A.). He has an M.D. as well as a degree in homeopathic medicine, and he's a licensed acupuncturist as well. He's very much into the Oriental approach to medicine. I had seen him briefly five years ago, so I (thought I) knew what to expect.

 Anyway, having felt like dog ____ for last two weeks, I wanted his perspective. The basic complaint was fatigue and depressed state. He looked at the symptoms I had written down, and said (more or less), "I think your problem is low testosterone, which is causing all of your endocrine glands to be unbalanced." This is before even looking at the extensive lab results from January that I had brought with me.

 His approach to increasing testosterone and bringing the entire endocrine system into harmony? A special set of exercises conducted on a whole-body vibrator for 10 - 30 minutes, twice a day (depending on the model used).

 The whole-body vibrator was developed by the old USSR to help their cosmonauts resist bone loss while in space. There is literature out there regarding the benefits of its use in treating or preventing osteoporosis, but I could not find anything about its use for endocrine disorders.

 Has anybody out there heard of this (or anything like it)?

 Best regards to all,

 Edward

 If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, *your* message may not be distributed.

Question not answered on Thyroid? Check the Thyroid Archives:
  http://LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG/archives/thyroid.html
 and ask again!