THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bridget Beltran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2008 07:48:33 -0400
I have recently been plagued with the thought of switching to armour. Due to
the possibility of feeling better than I have in about 2 years.  I had a total
thyroid and partial parathyroid removal. I had a goiter, but was told I was
hypothyroid. I had cancer and underwent radioiodine therapy as well. I felt
immediately better after my surgery, and my level was at 75, before I took my
radioiodine treatment. I now have, for the past 2.5 years feelt the way I felt
before my surgery. very BAD  Dr. says that it has nothing to do with my
thyroid, but wouldn't take the time to check and see what's wrong. I have
changed family dr. but recently moved and have yet to find an endo dr. What
would you suggest?  I am to the point of totally discontinuing my thyroid meds
to see if it makes a difference. As I am considered, by my levels, to by
hyperthoid, but have many the symptoms of hypothyroidism. Eg., weight gain,
inability to lose weight, confusion, memory loss, headaches, intollerance to
heat, swelling, fatigue at times, and insonmia at other times. and decreased
appetite.

 Thyroid messages contain only the opinions of their authors.
 Opinions expressed on Thyroid do not necessarily reflect the
 opinions of the management, publisher, or our advertisers.

 Change your own account here
   http://www.Emissary.Net/Thyroid/index.html

If a question isn't answered on Thyroid, check the Thyroid Archives:
<http://LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG/archives/thyroid.html> and ask again!