THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2007 19:55:14 EDT
Help Needed...someone:

I've not had a moment to continue to keep up with the list for some  time.
So, please excuse me for asking what may be a basic question, or one  that has
been repeated often.

I'm a hypo female, age 54...just starting to miss periods due to  menopause.
I've been diagnosed hypo with usual tests for about the last 15  years.
Until diagnosis, I believe I was suffering hypo issues, and  possibly due to my
pregnancy 6 years earlier.

My GP of many years says my levels are normal every year...I am tested only
annually.  I was prescribed Synthroid 125 MCG at that time, to take once a
day in the morning at least one hour before eating.  NO changes or  adjustments
have ever been made to this med.

All the while, I have continued to spiral downward.  I began having  weight
gain, and high blood pressure issues.  GERD...I am currently one two  blood
pressure meds, plus Protonix for the GERD.  I have never been tested  for Adrenal
Function.  I do have a mildly stressful job; and sometimes, the  marriage
causes stress, too.

In the past 5 years, my weight has soared and keeps climbing.  Don't  get me
wrong..I do eat incorrectly...mainly because I feel so miserable, am so
fatigued and ache most of the time I feel I don't have the energy to even  'think'
about what to make for a meal..and grab whatever is  easiest.  I am truly in a
fog, most days.  I find I don't  accomplish a lot during a day in my office,
unless I'm really down to the wire  on deadline.  It's that 'I don't care
anymore...I'm too fatigued'  feeling.  I have lost pleasure in a lot of
things...I'm too tired.

I have read about the connection between thyroid and heart...and have
experienced chest uncomfortableness on a few occasions...nothing  significant.  But
did give me pause!

I have been invited to participate in the insurance's Metabolic  Syndrome
plan.  However, they will test for things other than adrenal and  thyroid.  I
would like to know exactly which tests I should ask for  (actually, forcefully
suggest, would be a better thought) when I make an  appointment to see the
clinic in September. I have wondered about the  T3-T4 thing...as I  think the
conversion thing is something I may have  difficulty with.  I've never been tested
for adrenal function, or  thyroiditis, or Wilson's.  It's all so confusing,
esp. when you feel like  you're in such a fog.

Any help is appreciated.  I really need a 'game plan'..as in "You need  to do
this:  1), 2), 3)..."  Thanks.

R Hayward

                      Snip, Please
If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
 the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

Why not ask a question? If we're not currently talking about
what *you* want to hear about, ask about another topic! Or
make a statement. To be prepared, you might want to search
the Thyroid Archives http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html
to see what has been said before about any thyroid-related topic.