THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jun 2008 21:00:33 -0700
Dear Thyroid Folks,

Thanks for many your contribution(s) to Thyroid. I have been
noticing more lapses of the rules, so it's my job to say this.

Please snip out the old message and do not send it back
whole to the group. Your e-mail program may try to send the
whole message you are responding to - please don't let it.
If you need help learning to snip, please read the note below
my signature at the bottom of this message.*

Why Snip?

If there are multiple copies of the same information the
Thyroid Archives, it becomes difficult to do even simple
searches of the archives, and makes it much harder to
easily see who said what. Our archives are searchable
over the whole life span of the group - so new people can
find anything that was previously said, all the back to
January 1997 when we began, over 11 years ago.

Please help protect our archives from dilution with extra
copies of whole messages. Please remove AT LEAST 95%
to 100% of the old, previous message before sending it
back to all of us.

In personal messages, one-to-one, not snipping is often
useful and proper. In one-to-many non-personal e-mail,
sending only what you yourself say is better, please.

DIGEST

I have ignored several messages this year that returned the
entire Daily Thyroid DIGEST with a comment. I used to
send them back, asking the person to re-submit without the
stuff that they didn't write, but people very rarely responded,
so I gave up the practice as a lot of work for little profit.

Bottom Banner

Some folks have accidentally left the old (previous) Thyroid
bottom banner in their messages -- please don't do this.
Our robot is not smart enough to notice, and the robot will
ADD ANOTHER bottom banner regardless to every message.
8=\'

Again, thanks for your loyalty and support.

 Pax,
Ballew Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]> 425 788 5337
Discussion list owner:  Not a Robot
       Allergy - Arthritis - PCHealth - Rubber - Thyroid
Thyroid LISTSERV list ---> http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid

=== ===

* Note: If you need to practice using the Delete and Backspace
keys, please send your practice messages to yourself at your
own e-mail address until you think you've got it working, then
send one test message to me at [log in to unmask]
I'll let you know if it looks okay to me.

 Thyroid messages contain only the opinions of their authors.
 Opinions expressed on Thyroid do not necessarily reflect the
 opinions of the management, publisher, or our advertisers.

 Change your own account here
   http://www.Emissary.Net/Thyroid/index.html

If a question isn't answered on Thyroid, check the Thyroid Archives:
<http://LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG/archives/thyroid.html> and ask again!