THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Holly Jagger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2008 09:39:59 -0500
Greetings, everyone!

I have had quite a go-round with sinus tachycardia episodes.  I may have
posted a bit earlier this year, it has been very frustrating to try and
figure out the cause.  We have come to the conclusion that thyroid hormone
(I take Armour) has caused my heart to become very sensitive to its own
adrenaline/autonomic response.  And with Addison’s and postmenopausal
situation (ovarian failure), I have more than the average predilection to
autonomic response!

As I weaned down a bit on the Armour, heart episodes became much less
frequent.  I am finding that ¼ to ½ grain of Armour a day seems to keep my
heart happy.  Endo says, if I feel hypothyroid on that dose, then we can add
beta blocker or calcium channel blocker, and raise thyroid replacement
again.

Question for the group:  since my body needs just a ‘tad’ of thyroid hormone
to feel well, would anyone know of a thyroid ‘supplement’ or thyroid
‘support’ that is more gentle in the system, and easier on the heart?

(I would like very much to avoid adding in a heart medicine to feel
euthyroid!)

Thank you & Happy New Year,

Holly

                      Snip, Please
If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
 the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

Why not ask a question? If we're not currently talking about
what *you* want to hear about, ask about another topic! Or
make a statement. To be prepared, you might want to search
the Thyroid Archives http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html
to see what has been said before about any thyroid-related topic.