THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susan Austin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jan 2008 17:38:41 -0600
Dear Holly and thyroid group,

>.  I find myself in a bind.  My heart is 'complaining' at the fluctuation of
>T3 in my system.  my doses are taken as follows:
>
>7:30 AM  30 mg. Armour (along with my steroids for Addisons)
>
>12:30 PM 30 mg. Armour (after lunch, with my steroids as well)

IT is good that your endo is suggesting time release T3.  I haven't
tried it yet, but have certainly considered doing so.  As far as
finding it, I live in a medium-sized city (90,000) in Missouri and
there is at least one pharmacy that will compound time release
T3.  So, depending on where you live, just call around and see.  Of
course, the local pharmacies not the chains, would be the ones to compound.

Another suggestion would be to stick with the Armour and take your
2nd dose later in the day.  I usually take my second dose of Armour
at 4:30 in the afternoon.  You could even take it at 7:30pm, but if
you're used to taking it with meals, then I would continue to do
that.  For me, it has never caused insomnia even when I've taken it
in the evening.

You're on a pretty low total dose of ARmour - how long have you been
on that dose?  What dose of time release does your endo recommend and
do you know if your reverse t3 levels are high?  That is a major
reason for people switching to time release.

Hope this helps,
Susan

  Thyroid Welcome Message (Instructions) Always Available
 Anyone can obtain a fresh, new copy of the Thyroid Welcome
 message at any time (24/7) by sending an e-mail message
 saying only "get Thyroid Welcome" (remove quotes) to our
 sleepless robot at <[log in to unmask]>. Its free.