THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Donald Michael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2006 11:29:23 EST
In a message dated 12/2/2006 11:11:38 A.M. US Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Sometimes even begging with the research in hand does not work.   And when
your thyroid is off you cant even function well enough to fight  for what you
need.

Nancy >>>>
I sometimes tell my patients that they have been drafted into the "Thyroid
Wars" when they get a thyroid problem that doesn't conform to current erroneous
 prejudices about the value of lab work over the history in  making any
Diagnosis. The Medical profession's widespread ignorance of  Thyroid difficulties
killed members of my family and used up too many years of  my life.

The "Thyroid Wars" are the battles that we all fight to get the treatment  we
need for our thyroid problems. On the good side, any battle  that we win in
this war is not only good for ourselves and our  loved ones; but it will make
it a bit easier for the next poor  soul who needs thyroid help.

The most hopeful things that could improve Medical care are the  Internet and
groups like this one that bring bright intelligent,  empowered people
together.

In my 33 years in Medicine, I have seen Thyroid care improve, not because  of
the Medical profession or the Drug companies; but because of informed
consumers who refused to tolerate poor care.

Margaret Mead said, "Some think that a small group of dedicated people  can
change the world. It is the only thing that ever has."

Doc Don

                      Snip, Please
If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
 the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

Why not ask a question? If we're not currently talking about
what *you* want to hear about, ask about another topic! Or
make a statement. To be prepared, you might want to search
the Thyroid Archives http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html
to see what has been said before about any thyroid-related topic.