THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Holly Jagger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2008 07:32:34 -0500
List members,

At this point, after 2 years of hating Synthroid alone, then 2 months of
loving added Cytomel to the Synthroid, followed by a 4 year experiment on
Armour Thyroid (which my dr. encouraged me to try and I absolutely love
it!)..

.  I find myself in a bind.  My heart is 'complaining' at the fluctuation of
T3 in my system.  my doses are taken as follows:

7:30 AM  30 mg. Armour (along with my steroids for Addisons)

12:30 PM 30 mg. Armour (after lunch, with my steroids as well)

I can remember these times because they are right with meals.  (I teach
elementary music full time, NOT a chance to glance at a clock at 2 PM and
swallow pills.)  disadvantage, is that the second T3 dose is a bit early.
T3 rises a bit too high in afternoon.  I feel jittery, a bit too hyperT.
Then ok for evening.

Looking for options so my T3 is not dropping so low and then rising so high.

Does anyone have a timed release T3 compounded? Or timed release Armour,
better yet?

And if so, would it still have to be taken twice a day?  My endo has
suggested timed release, but didn't say What source.!

If I switched back to cytomel plus a little synthroid, I would still need to
take a midafternoon dose of T3 anyway, right?

Thank you for your thoughts, I do think of our friend Skipper at times like
these.

Best regards,

Holly

 Thyroid messages contain only the opinions of their authors.
 Opinions expressed on Thyroid do not necessarily reflect the
 opinions of the management, publisher, or our advertisers.

 Change your own account here
   http://www.Emissary.Net/Thyroid/index.html

If a question isn't answered on Thyroid, check the Thyroid Archives:
<http://LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG/archives/thyroid.html> and ask again!