THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Holly Jagger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jun 2009 07:35:22 -0400
Hi everyone~

Thought I would post this, it has been a long time coming!

I just found the BEST way for me to replace thyroid. At first I took all
synthroid.  Then six months later, endo added Cytomel, just a bit, felt much
better, I could think.  then switched to Armour thyroid, loved it.  but
heart started sinus tach occasionally due to the ups and downs of the
shorter acting T3.  So…. Weaned down slightly with every instance of tach,
endo told me to drop armour dose every time I had an episode, just take a
little less.  So I did.  And with each drop my own gland kicked in with a
bit more, so I felt good.  Heart calmed down.  Then I would have yet another
episode of tach, and gradually got almost OFF the stupid pills last
December, decided to see if I REALLY need thyroid hormone, ha.  Went very
hypo on purpose.  Body did not kick in with more.  I kept the Armour where
it was, at just ¼ grain, and added a little synthroid starting in January,
upping very very slowly for my heart’s sake over months.  Thought perhaps
the variability of armour spikes and drops was what my heart did not like…
and maybe a combination was the answer.

Then in May, finally up to ¼ of a 25 mcg synthroid every day, along with my
¼ grain armour, I felt pretty well.  just a slump when armour wore off at
about 1:30 pm.

So next step, I divided that ¼ grain, WOW are they small!  And took 1/8
grain early am, and another 1/8 grain at about 1 pm.  Of course I would not
want to do this long term, it was a pain to set alarms and remember another
time for pills…  it was just a way to find a good dose level before getting
a compound.  I just got Bert’s Pharmacy in Sayre, compounding pharmacist
there named Lee, to formulate a Modified Release Armour thyroid capsule for
me.  He is the most experienced compounder in a very wide area here.

Started it last Friday, finishing first week on it, I feel great.  I swallow
that capsule and my synthroid at 6 am, wait 45 min. and then eat breakfast
and take my steroids.  It gradually releases the armour all day for me!

I CAN’T BELIEVE how good I feel.  !!  since 2002 I have been struggling to
find The Way to manage my thyroid and adrenal sensitivities.

Guess I am learning a lesson in persistence, eh??

sheesh

Holly

  Control Your Self-Serve Thyroid Account Here
Rules - mailto:[log in to unmask]
NoMail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Mail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Not DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Stop Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Subject: [THYROID] - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Subscribe - <http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?SUBED1=thyroid&A=1>
Unsubscribe - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Thyroid Archives - http://LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG/archives/thyroid.html
Contact List Owners - mailto:[log in to unmask]