THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Eric Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2016 08:52:59 -0400
Did you have a problem with cold and has it gotten better after taking thyroid hormones?

I think my highest temperature in the last couple of years is about 97 F. Just walking a block outside in cool weather with a good coat is enough to bring it down to between 94 and 95.

One cold morning (28 degrees F) I had to run out to a site about 15 miles from my office. I put on my warmest coat and got in the pickup and left. I also had a thermometer in my pocket. About 2 miles from town I measured my temperature and it was 92.7 degrees! Once the pickup warmed up, my temperature quickly climbed back up to about 95.

So I'm kind of curious if that will improve. Not being able to be outside in cold weather more than a few minutes even with a heavy jacket is pretty tough.

My dry skin seems to have improved -- it no longer resembles the skin of someone in their 80s or 90s.

Eric Johnson

---

                      Snip, Please

If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete

 the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

Why not ask a question? If we're not currently talking about

what *you* want to hear about, ask about another topic! Or

make a statement. To be prepared, you might want to search

the Thyroid Archives http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html

to see what has been said before about any thyroid-related topic.